I think it is important to know your ego and your soul, the differences.
We usually think or many think that our ego is something good, it is not. Your ego is eager, your ego wants only, your ego takes, judges, and have no compassion for others in terms of understanding to life itself. We have expectations, big ones and we usually think because we are so good and we deserve the best of the best. Another reality is that we do get what we give. We are mirrors. We attract what we send out. If you have bad thoughts about something and keep on thinking that way, we will obviously attract that because that is what our ego says reality is.
Our ego over thinks, our ego analyse situations we cannot control, our ego wants to have control over everything and we don’t want to be unknown of certain situations. We think we help, but in some moments we do more damage.
Your ego thoughts are consumed by your emotions, more often negative emotions such as: jealousy, disappointment, anger, and hurt. Your ego focus on your fears, your doubts, and your anxieties. Your ego will often go to the worst case scenario, rather than consider all the options.
According to your ego, your self-worth is dependent on external circumstances such as whether you are dating someone or married, whether you own a property or materialistic things, whether you have a good job or not, how popular you are. Your ego focuses on those things and drives your soul crazy. Your ego is what drives you to seek validation from other people and from society. Your ego is easily bruised, it gets upset when things don’t go your way, when people disappoint you, and when people do things to offend you. Our egos are the things that NEED!
Examples of ego thoughts can be: Why am I like this? Why me? Why not me? I’m not good enough, nobody loves me, nobody cares etc.
None of these thoughts are truly who we are. Who you truly are innately is your soul. Your soul is your spirit, your essence, your true self. It is who you are behind the titles, beneath the roles, the expectations and the masks. Your soul is something that is never really born nor dies, but has lived several life times and developed to become a better life after life.
When your soul is in charge, you love and accept yourself deeply and completely. Your passions, your burning desires and your goals come from your soul – but you don’t depend on those goals to define who you are or to determine your sense of self-worth. You are okey with or without those goals. When your soul is in charge, you tend to forgive very easily and become very accepting of others as they are. You don’t get disappointed with other people for being who they are. Desires and ideas that come solely from you are coming from your soul thoughts, instead of from external influences like the media, expectations of others, or society.
Your soul doesn’t do anything for praise or for rewards or has an agenda. It does what is right and doesn’t expect any recognition. It is our ego that craves praise, compliments and rewards. Our ego strives to be stroked, while our soul is happy as it is, unnoticed, doing good things for the sake of goodness.
I have always been thinking about this and unfortunately I’m human being of this society. As much as I stop myself from thinking bad thoughts or even expecting the worst case scenario. I work really hard with myself in order to just live after how my soul enriches. I seek myself to things that make me happy from the inside, I seek for good things for my soul and I start to get fed up with all that materialistic world. I get sick of myself, seeing me having so much crap at home and clothing that I’m not using. Do all of that makes me happier? It doesn’t, it makes me want to have more to fill something that I can just fill being true to myself.
The reason why I talk about this subject is because I have been battling massively with my ego and soul, how to balance them completely, how to not let my ego get hurt and just find peace within myself. I want to feel safe within myself, I want to feel happy with myself and not seek validation from others.
Things Your Soul Wants You to Know
- We are here to evolve. Human beings were given consciousness, and with that consciousness is a responsibility to grow and evolve. We can’t stay at the same level of intelligence and experience life after life, eon after eon. We are here to improve and to someday re-join the source. Your job here is to learn, to experience, and to enjoy.
- You do not have to suffer. Some religion and some aspects of the modern world teach us that in order to win, we have to struggle. That just isn’t the case. The ideal life is lived in happiness at every stage. Happiness during the days when we don’t have much money, or not many friends. Happiness when we are rich, happiness when we can give, happiness when we can’t. We can adopt the perception that we should be enjoying the ride, rather than waiting to be happy ONE day when something happens. When we pick up that new perception, we begin to live truly and in every moment instead of waiting around for one day.
- Your life is a reflection of your inner self. Your outer world and circumstances are a direct reflection of your inner world. Once you start looking at your outer circumstances as that reflection, you will know that any chance, any improvement, begins first within you.
- Everything is happening for you. I know I’m a broken record, but this is a lesson my soul has been screaming, so it must be for a reason. Every situation in your life, every person in your life is here to help you to discover more about yourself and to improve your self and your life and to learn.
- You’re not broken. You aren’t. You don’t need FIXING, or self-help. What you need is self-love and acceptance.
- Everything is in your hands. Your life is in your control. Your emotions, thoughts, feelings, behaviors, take a moment and realize that every movement you make is up to you. You can decide what you will do or won’t do, what you will stand for or not stand for. You make every decision for your body and your soul in this world, second by second. That is some intense power.
- You are powerful. Picking up on number 6, let’s take a moment to reflect on how powerful we are. The biggest limitations we encounter in our lives don’t come from our circumstances, but rather from our limiting beliefs about who we are and what we are capable of doing.
- You always have the answer. Once you learn to tap into your soul and into your intuition, you know that there are no questions that are unanswered in your soul. You do not need anyone else’s advice. Practice this muscle by making decisions on your own for a while.
- Be more mindful. It is the best way to stop yourself from making stupid mistakes. Be completely present in whatever task is at hand, whatever you are experiencing in the present moment. Too often, we exist but our minds are in the past or the future.
- Stop being mean to yourself. Your soul is indignant about this one. Why are you so mean to it? Why are you so mean to you? Calling yourself ugly, fat, stupid, incapable…if you don’t love yourself, why would anyone else? Your soul wants you to love it. It loves you infinitely, and it wants you to love it. And since you are your soul, you already do love yourself. Let your ego be overpowered by that love.
- Being grateful is at the core of being human.
- Your ego keeps looking for signs, while your soul is already analyzing them. Stop letting your ego waste your time. Let your soul pick up on things that keep repeating, on messages that come to you from the universe or from other people, things that appear brighter than others…