I brought my plantain bread over to Barcelona to eat meanwhile I’m here because I made it and it is not bad for you. I always find it hard to eat breakfast in Barcelona I don’t know why. There are many things but I just find it hard. Ok.
My auntie loved the bread and asked me where I bought it from? I was like I made it myself… she was like honestly? And it is vegan? No refined sugars? I was like it is just pure healthy lol. Apart from the coconut sugar.
Prep: 5 mins
Cook time: 50 mins
- 1 cup all gluten free flour
- 1 cup oats
- 1 very ripe plantain
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup oat milk
- ¼ cup coconut oil melted
- 1 tbsp apple cider viger
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground pistachio nuts
- A few cracked pistachios nuts, for decoration
- 2 strawberries
- Preheat your oven to 350°F
- Grease and flour a 9×5 loaf pan and set it aside
- In a bowl, combine the all gluten free flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, ground cinnamon, ground pistachios and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, smash the ripe plantain until it is pretty smooth, coconut sugar, oat milk, coconut oil, apple cider vinegar, and vanilla. Whisk until the wet mixture is combined.
- Create a well in the bowl with the flour mixture, and pour in the liquid mixture and mix until it is just combined. Do not over mix!
- Pour the plantain bread/cake batter into the prepped loaf pan, and bake in the preheated oven for 50- 55 minutes. Last, decorate the loaf with the pistachios nuts and strawberries as you like.
- Allow the plantain bread/cake to cool in the pan for 5 minutes, remove from the pan and cool for another 15 minutes, then serve.
The bread is yummy, you can add nuts to it and make it more filling. It doesn’t get that fluffy but it is good bread. With any butter as well 🙂