After spending some time in the sun, I was craving something sweet but I don’t want to east chocolate and stuff like that. I went for mango at first but I have a box of mango I bought two days ago. Indian mangos, you know? The season is coming, regardless this virus affecting our lives – mangos still coming my way. So, came home and was craving something so I took my sad overly ripe lonely banana and made some nice bread. The recipe it is not plant based, I just took one from the internet that didn’t required too much time.
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon gluten free all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a medium size mixing bowl, mash the banana. Then stir in the egg, vanilla extract, and oil until combined. Then add all at once the flour, sugars, baking soda, and salt. Fold until combined. Then stir in the chopped walnuts.
- Spoon into your prepared (oiled or lined with parchment) baking vessels and bake at 325°F
- Regular size muffins or a baked donut pan will yield six and should be baked for 14-15 minutes.
- If you use mini loaf pans (like I have in the photos), this will yield three and should be baked for 18-20 minutes.
It took me 20 minutes to make, 15 min in the oven and done.
I ate it all as well, did not offer anyone. Greedy.